As per Hindu mythology, Mercury (son of the Moon) is the ruling planet of the Zodiac signs, Gemini and Virgo. The planet represents one’s intellect, voice, thought-process and awareness. Emerald, also known as Panna, is associated with the planet Mercury and helps reduce dreadful effects of this planet by ensuring the emotional, physical, and spiritual balance of the wearer. Sometimes referred to as ‘The Healer’s Stone’, this stone improves one’s decision-making capability, reasoning power and presence of mind. Green in colour, this rare gemstone governs the common sense of an individual and is capable of spreading peace & love all around.
Who should wear it?
Emerald rules the brain of an individual and is highly efficient for diplomats, scientists, businessmen and insurance officers. It helps behold a positive vision and blesses the native with divine spirituality, leading him towards a smooth and successful life. Besides this, it instils the native with wisdom and a strong intellect and is, thus, very beneficial for students. Emerald welcomes the Hindu goddess, Saraswati (the goddess of wisdom and intellect), and blesses the native with divine guidance. Hence, it is also advisable for singers, dancers and musicians to wear this precious stone.
- Health: This gemstone plays a foremost role in improving heart conditions, concentration, sleeplessness, diarrhoea, stammering, asthma, and ulcers. It helps advance eyesight and people suffering from instability and depression can greatly benefit from this stone. Not just this, it revitalizes the hopeless native and inculcates ample enthusiasm in the wearer.
- Marriage: As per Hindu mythology, green Emerald helps strengthen a relationship and assures a long-lasting marriage when gifted to one’s beloved. It is also recommended for people who are failing to find a perfect match. It protects the wearer from lies and deceives. Apart from this, it is believed to bless the women with off-springs and also make the baby-delivery process painless if tied around the waist of the woman.
- Life: If worn as prescribed, green Emerald has the potential to infuse paramount levels of positive energies in the wearer’s life. It fills a person’s heart with kindness and affection. Besides this, this precious stone is also powerful against razing effects of evil spirits, nightmares, enemies and traitors. This gemstone helps improve confidence and thinking of the ability of the wear and thus, results in increased monetary flow (cash and property).
How and when to wear?
- Green Emerald can be preferably set in gold or Penta alloy (the mixture of 5 metals), after evaluating the suitability of the metal from the native’s Kundli.
- It can be worn in many forms like earrings, rings, necklace and lockets. But to attain maximum astrological benefits, it is advisable to wear it in the form of ring or pendant.
- Before wearing the ring or pendant made of this gemstone, one should always consecrate it in order to benefit from this capable stone.
- This gemstone should always be worn on a Wednesday morning (Shukla Paksha) or as recommended by an expert.
Dip the stone in raw milk or Ganga Jal preceding night. Wake up early in the morning as it should be worn within one hour of sunrise. After the bath, light the incense sticks and recite the respective/advised Mantra for at least 108 times and wear the stone!
ॐ बू बुद्धाय नम:
Preventions and Care:
Almost 90 per cent of the emeralds is filled with cracks. Hence, it is very difficult to find a pure and clear stone for Astrological benefits.
One should note that after wearing this stone, it showers maximum benefits ranging from a period of 45 days to 3 years. After the span of 3 years, it is highly advisable to change the stone as its efficiency starts diminishing. Avid using ultrasonic or steam for cleaning purposes. The Safest and simplest way to clean Emerald is to wash it with lukewarm soapy water. If required, scrub it with a soft cleaning cloth in order to maintain its sheen.