Ruby, also known as Manik or Manak, is the gemstone of love. The word “Ruby” is derived from the Latin word “Ruber” which stands for red. The presence of chromium gives Ruby the red colour. Its colour varies from pink to dark red. According to Vedic Astrology, this red crystal is ruled by the Lord of the Solar system, The Sun. The Sun symbolizes light and hope and emits the radiance of success. It represents pride, power and prestige. If the sun is mispositioned in one’s horoscope, it can greatly result in issues related to health and life. Ruby nullifies these ill-effects of the Sun and imparts good health and strength to the wearer. It holds a great ability to maximize the positive effects of the Sun and for this reason,
Ruby is addressed as the ‘The King of the gemstones’.
Who should wear it:
- Career: Ruby or Manik stone involves the Manipura chakra (the naval chakra of our body). It helps unblock this chakra and strengthens the power of leadership. Ruby is a very effective gemstone for goldsmiths, mineralogists, engineers, actor, government officials, politicians, bureaucrats, dealers of flowers, cloth etc. It is advisable for people who seek fame, luxury, power and good health. In ancient times, Ruby was worn by kings as a mark of authority and royalty. Hence, wearing this gemstone can bestow one with kingly status and flood of wealth. Besides this, this precious stone enhances the ability to do away with confusions and stay focused! Students and professionals who are constantly failing to set goals can greatly benefit from this stone. Ruby improves financial stability and develops one’s recognition in the society.
- Health: Ruby grants mental and physical supremacy to the wearer. It adds vibrancy and enthusiasm in the wearer’s life by removing pain and apathy. It helps cure stomach-related problems such as indigestion and also, issues related to eyesight and blood circulation. In case one is suffering from cardiac problems or acute depression, Ruby can minimize their prevailing symptoms to a great extent.
- Marriage: Associated with love and passion, Ruby has the ability to bring love and commitment to the life of the wearer. It helps strengthen the bond and ignites a spark between the duo. Couples going through a turbulent phase in their relationships are highly advised to wear this stone after expert consultation. This capable gemstone brings sensuality and energy back into the life of the wearer.
- Life: A person wearing Ruby is always energetic and full of life. Ruby shuns away negativities from the native’s life and does not let them slip into the world of sadness or depression. This intensity stone is known to rejuvenate the system of the person suffering from depression and produces an overall positive influence on his personal life and relations.
When and How to wear it:
- Manik or Ruby can either be fixed in gold or in copper for desired results on the basis of one’s horoscope and position of planets in Kundlis.
- Before wearing the ring or pendant made of this gemstone, one should always consecrate it in order to benefit from this capable stone.
- This gemstone should be worn between 5 am to 7 am on Sunday in
Shukal Puksharecommended by an expert.
Dip the stone in raw milk or Ganga
ॐ हरिंग हमसफ सूरवाए नमः ओम
ॐ सूर्याय नम:
Wear the ring in the ring finger of your right hand. But those who are left-handed can wear the ring in the left hand too. The most important thing that should be kept in mind before getting the ring ready is that the Ruby should touch the finger of the wearer.
Taking Care of Ruby:
One should note that a discoloured or defective Ruby can bring misery and troubles in the wearer’s life. Also, a double coloured ruby causes pain to the native and his father. It is highly advised to never wear a cracked or a broken gem, it can give cast an evil effect on the wearer’s life.
A soft cloth is recommended to first clean the dirt off the gemstone. The Safest and simplest way to clean Ruby is to wash it with lukewarm soapy water and wipe it with a soft cleaning cloth. Keep the Ruby always away from the cleaning agents containing chlorine as it can damage the gem. Store it in a fabric instead of placing it directly in a box. Avoid keeping it with any other stone.